Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Saltonstall

This is my first full day in residence at the Constance Saltonstall Foundation for the Arts. I feel very lucky to have been chosen to spend a month in this amazing place, which offers "Time for inspiration, a quiet studio, a beautiful setting, and a stimulating community of artists working in diverse disciplines." The gift of time spent away from life's daily responsibilities is really the most precious boon an artist can receive.So often work goes stagnant without a change of scenery, some time and space to recharge creatively. The last few months have been a whirlwind of teaching, as well as planning and printing for exhibitions. While it has been very gratifying to be included in so many exhibitions this summer, the details and logistics have left little time or energy for new creative work. Now I have that time.

Already after only 24 hours here, I can feel my mind relax & creative stirrings beginning. My day began early with breakfast and coffee as usual, but instead of getting bogged down in computer work, I decided to begin my residency with a long walk to explore the vast wooded grounds of the foundation. On this first survey mission I brought my light camera.....

No comments:

Post a Comment