Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dr. Ralph

The downside of all the work I've been doing lately has resulted in some weird neck and shoulder pain. Last week I was really having a hard time just moving my head. For the fist time in my life, I sought out a chiropractor. The good part, besides the pain relief, was that we got talking about X-Ray art. Now I have X-Rays of my neck, but even more interesting might be these old films from 1947 that the good doctor was kind enough to lend me to photograph. The full spinal X-Ray shows the nerves all lit up like little negative lightning bolts. This was achieved by running an electric current through the nerve while the image was being taken. Sounds a little dangerous to me! No way of telling if the patient survived the procedure, but it did make for a beautiful image. The last one is an extreme case of scoliosis. Looking at this mess made me feel almost instantly better!










No comments:

Post a Comment